0161 541 2760 info@claimmytax.co.uk


• We have put together our frequently asked questions to help you better understand our business and give you peace of mind.

Why may I be due a tax refund?

This is simple if you are not aware of what tax allowances that you may be entitled to then you would not be able to ask HMRC to put them in your tax code. What this means is that you will have had the wrong tax code, which in turn means you have paid more tax than you needed to. This is what we specialise in and why our experts are here to help to find out whether you can claim a tax refund. Let us start today and we can go back 4 years to correct any mistakes or claim any allowances you may have missed out on.

What are your fees?

We have a simple pricing model, we work on a no win no fee basis. Put simply if we are successful in claiming a tax refund we charge a total fee of 35% + vat of the total tax refund recovered for you. If we find that your allowances are all correct, then you pay nothing, and you are at least aware of what you may be entitled to if your circumstances change.

Can I get my claim backdated?

Yes, if you are eligible, you can backdate your claim by up to 4 years and the current tax year.

How long does my claim take?

We aim to finalise all claims within 4 weeks off receiving your signed claim form back. However, this can be quicker or take longer depending on the workload at HMRC.

Do I have to give my bank details?

We will not ask you for your bank details until we have your payment from HMRC. The reason we then ask you for them is to bank transfer your payment. 

Can I claim for previous jobs?

Yes. You can claim for any job that you have had in the last 4 years, even if you have changed jobs.

Will the refund be recovered from my employer?

No, the refunds that we claim are recovered from HMRC. The claim is based on receiving overpaid tax that has been paid through your wages or claiming your partner’s unused tax allowance in the case of a marriage tax allowance claim.

Can I claim other work-related tax rebates?

Union Fees & Memberships:
Monthly/yearly contributions to your union/professional body may be tax deductible which means you can claim back a portion of your fees as a tax refund. There are thousands of unions/professional bodies in the UK that qualify for a tax rebate, provided they are approved by the tax office and form part of their ‘List 3’.
Expenses & Mileage:
Buying, repairing or replacing small tools you need to do your job are tax-deductible and are eligible for a tax refund. You can also claim a tax rebate on repairing or replacing specialist clothing.
A mileage deduction may be claimed for business mileage incurred. Meals and accommodation (business travel) may also be tax-deductible depending on the nature of the expense.

Our Services

Claim My Tax offers a wide range of tax rebate services.

Marriage Tax Allowance

If you’re married or in a civil partnership, you may be able to claim a rebate of up to £1,250 from the government thanks to the marriage tax allowance. It’s estimated that 2.4 million married couples in the UK could benefit from the tax break, it’s just that many of us still haven’t applied.

Working From Home Tax Rebate

If your employer requires you to work at home, you can – and always have been able to – claim for increased costs due to working from home, eg, heating and electricity. But apportioning extra costs such as heating and electricity is tough. So instead you can, in simple terms, claim a rate of £6 a week.  

Mileage Tax Allowance

HMRC allows you to claim tax relief on mileage travelled whilst on business duties. If you use your own car for any of the following • visiting clients
• travelling to different offices • travelling to temporary work sites • making collections or dropping off goods. Then you could be eligible to claim your tax back. It doesn’t matter what type of vehicle you use.

PPI Tax Rebate

In April 2016 the personal savings allowance was introduced which allows taxpayers to earn up to £1,000 a year tax-free on their savings which includes the statutory interest paid on PPI claims.
Most people who have paid tax on PPI pay-outs since then, are entitled to some money back.

Uniform Tax Allowance

Do you wear a uniform or protective clothing for work? Do you have to wash and maintain it yourself? You could be due a tax refund. We've helped thousands of works claim back Uniform Tax Allowance on a no win, no fee basis..

Professional Fees, Subscriptions & Tools Tax Rebate

Professional fees and subscriptions are allowable deductions if they are amounts you have to pay in order to carry on your profession. 

If you have to purchase tools for work use, and are not reimbursed by your employer, you should be eligible to claim tax relief on your purchases. This is known as a tool tax allowance and is claimed through your tax code.

Our Address

28 Orchard Road
St Annes

Claim My Tax LTD

Registered with the Information Commissioners Office; registration number: ZB046764.

Registration Address: 28 Orchard Road, Lytham, St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 1PF. Company Number: 10858545

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.